The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal information while browsing or using this website and during your interactions with us, including your rights under current laws and regulations. If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing / using this website or using our services.
Colony is committed to processing personal data in compliance with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and other data protection laws. We respect the privacy rights of all those who use our website and the services we deliver and apply appropriate safeguards to protect their personal data.
Policy key definitions
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, The Colony Networking Group.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
- Personal data is defined as information from which individuals may be identified.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically on the following lawful basis.
Types of personal data collected
The Colony Networking Group obtains and retains data including but not limited to:
- Company name;
- Business email address;
- Your social media account contact information;
- Colony event attendance information;
- How and where we connected;
- Communications by email and our EMS, MailChimp (see Email Marketing section);
- Photos or videos of event attendees that may be posted (and thus stored) on our website and social media accounts (Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter) after events but we will not label visual images with names or any other personal data.
Why we collect personal data
The Colony Networking Group retains and uses data in order to:
- Perform our legitimate activities as detailed in the ‘Uses of personal data’;
- Comply with legal obligations to our service users.
We may also process data to:
- protect the vital interests of our service users;
- adhere to practices that are in the public interest;
- perform our duties in connection with legal claims.
Uses of personal data
Personal data you provide to The Colony Networking Group will only be processed following your consent and in line with the guidelines set out with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and other applicable data protection legislation.
The purposes include, but are not limited, to:
- Sharing information about the upcoming events The Colony Networking Group runs;
- Circulating information to our services users about the services offered by The Colony Networking Group
- Adhering to relevant practices of health and safety to protect our event attendees and other service users;
- Managing event attendee information;
- Administering and improving our business services;
- Seeking feedback of our services and resolve any queries, issues or complaints;
- Notifying you of changes and additions to our service delivery;
- Sharing details with you about other networking and business support products and services that may be of interest to you.
Data retention period
We will not retain personal data for longer than necessary and will delete it securely once it is no longer required for the purposes set out in this Policy.
We will continue to process your information under this basis of this policy until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Disclosure and sharing of your data
The data provided by you will only be used by The Colony Networking Group. This is in order to deliver our contractual service to you, improve our service or contact you to let you know of our other services.
We do not share your information with third parties without obtaining your consent.
We may share information about third party services we feel are of relevant interest to our service users but will provide this via our own marketing channels.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR, your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access to the data held about you;
- the right to rectification to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Further details about your rights can be obtained in the Regulation or the website maintained by the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
To exercise any of the above rights please email The Colony Networking Group by email at email@example.com
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Your web browser should provide you with the controls to manage and delete cookies from your device, please see your web browser options.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information.
Our methods meet the GDPR guidelines and we are committed to reviewing and updating our security measures in order to protect your data from being accessed unlawfully or by accidental loss by unauthorised persons.
Affiliate links and tracking
Our website may contain associate and affiliate links on some pages. We only use trusted partners who each have high standards of user privacy and security.
Clicking on any affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. Your actions are usually recorded as a link from our website by this cookie.
EMS, Email marketing messages and subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” section above.
Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / application that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracked clickable links or similar technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with GDPR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.
Our EMS provider is MailChimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Company name;
- Email address;
- Subscription date;
- Where and how we met if you are subscribed as a result of meeting in person and proving verbal consent.
You also have the right to seek further guidance or lodge a complaint with The Colony Networking Group or with the ICO www.ico.org.uk if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data. Please direct any queries to The Colony Networking Group in the first instance so that we may address your concerns with the highest priority level.
All comments, queries and requests for further guidance relating to this policy notice or the use of your data should be addressed to:
Owner, The Colony Networking Group
Tel: 0844 504 6627