“The ability to get greater results and preserve well-being amidst change and challenge is the defining skill set of our times” – Marshall Goldsmith
I spent almost 20 years in middle management. I worked in big plc’s, the public sector and owner-managed business and I’ve led teams in four different countries. I’ve set my own business up…and closed it.
During that time, my role has been removed on three occasions, I’ve led teams through multiple re-organisations, dealt with divorce, bereavement, financial insecurity and injury.
Which means when it comes to working with people on developing their mental resilience, teamwork and influencing skills I find it easy to relate them and their challenges.
I believe middle management is the toughest job in business and I also believe in the potential of every individual to perform consistently at a level beyond where they currently are regardless of the challenges and pressures they face.
- Typically clients find working me helps their people in the following ways:
- improves their mental resilience to stress and pressure
- helps them to adapt to and embrace change
- reduces stress and sickness absence
- find their ‘WHY’ linked to their values to drive motivation
- improves engagement, teamwork and influencing skills
- develop and flex their leadership style
- increased confidence and commitment
- improves business performance