November 26, 2015 - 7:30 pm
November 26, 2015 - 10:30 pm
AddressCherry Tree Primary School, Hardy Road, Lymm, WA13 0NX View map
Community Information Workshop
An evening that will bring together speakers from a selection of service providers to discuss some of the essential financial matters facing families and to provide information to ensure better protection and financial planning for the future wellbeing of the whole family.
Every day, we are faced with major financial decisions affecting our family’s wellbeing and ahead of us there may lie further life changing financial events that we simply haven’t got around to preparing for. There may be issues of financing a house move or extension, saving for a child’s first car/school trip/wedding/tuition fees, dealing with the rising costs of childcare, or having to consider a ‘what if’ scenario if illness, premature death or a legal wrangle affected a member of the family. With the correct planning, resources, support and professional advice, these matters dont have to sit on the worryingly long ‘to do’ list.
Presentations, discussions, tips and practical advice for parents and all members of the local community from a panel of experts. Short talks to include (running order yet to be set):
- Private Healthcare: Essential Considerations – Zoe Lancaster, Health Enrich
- Wills can be beautiful – Wendy Heyes, Paul Ireland Solicitors
- Mortgages & Protection: Navigating the Maze – Steve Jacob, McCaffrey Mortgages
- Pensions & Investments: Keep it in the Family – Jennifer Hood, Platinum Financial Services
- Childcare Costs: Systems & Savings – Amanda Ward, Enjoy Benefits
- Free Legal Support – Natasha Jones, Purple Legal, Darby’s Solicitors
Plus further information stands and spotlight speakers to be confirmed including:
- Early Years Entitlement (free pre-school places) – St.Mary’s Pre-School
- Families Information Service
- Warrington Moneybox
- Beneficiary charity Home-Start Warrington
Profits from ticket proceeds to the hosting school PTA and Home-Start Warrington.
PTA bar open for refreshments on the evening.
Talk titles in the above programme are intended to cover the following content:
Ensure all family members get the same trusted financial advice, whatever their stage of life.
Benefit from reviewing your own finances and get answers relating to the changes in your life which affect your finances.
Average cost of childcare in the UK.
What are the two types of help with childcare open to parents who either own their own businesses or are employed.
Childcare voucher benefit – The childcare costs it covers. How much parents can save using the benefit. How it operates.
Governments proposed changes for 2017.
Workplace nursery benefit – Savings to be made. How it works. How it compares with vouchers.
If you are paying for any form of registered childcare, why pay for it out of your nett salary when you could be paying for it out of gross and saving thousands as a family.
Wills can be beautiful….an informative and yet light hearted chat about why we might want to make plans and of course things that can happen if we don’t!
The presentation will give people the tools to understand what private medical insurance is, how it can help with gaps in the current NHS service and how it can complement it. A summary of easy to use products that support individuals and their families. We will focus on the following areas that form the frame for people choosing private health care
What to consider when choosing private health cover
- Out-patient cover options – How much cover you need for consultants, specialists, Diagnostic tests, things like blood tests and x-rays
- Which benefits are most important – Options may include physiotherapy, psychiatric, chiropractic, homeopathy, acupuncture, optical, specialist cancer and cardiac care, dental insurance and even private GP services.
- How much choice people require – Where and when you would like to receive your treatment, private room with en-suit at a hospital of your choice, or are you happy to have your insurer direct you to treatment.
- Excess to help with costs – By agreeing a policy excess you may be able to secure a lower premium.
Buying a property can be the biggest decision made in our lives. It is for this very reason that impartial advice is critical from a competent and qualified adviser.
Pre-booking advisable to benefit from advance price. Click Register to book and pay by card via Eventbrite or visit the Facebook event page here and click attending Profits from ticket sales to Home-Start Warrington and donation to host venue, Cherry Tree School PTA.Register