October 4, 2018 - 10:00 am
October 4, 2018 - 12:30 pm
AddressThe Base, 20 Dallam Lane, Warrington, WA2 7NG View map
Networking, Books & Blogs
Women in Business + Networking + Talks on Book & Blog writing
All Colony Women in Business events are networking events that include both open and structured networking with a fun and sociable twist in the catering arrangements. In addition, these quarterly women’s events also include either a guest speaker presentation, panel of speakers, or a structured business activity.
Following the success of prior Colony Women events, we are pleased to confirm our Autumn 2018 event.
What better way to mark National Poetry Day 2018 than by celebrating the role of books and blogs in our business success. Hear from various experts in the field of literacy – authors who have already published books; those who are blog experts; and those who can advise on the steps to consider if you’d like to publish your own book. We’ll also have an inspiring poetry interlude. Top this off with the usual twist in our catering arrangements – a vintage tea and cake in this instance – and you’ll be assured of the perfect combination for entertainment, reflection and literary inspiration form our expert wordsmiths.
Places will be limited again so don’t miss out on a space at what will be another creative event involving indulgent refreshments, short talks and activities, and networking.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- NETWORKING – and lots of it, both in open and closed formats.
- TEA & CAKE – the perfect accompaniment for any reading matter.
- KEYNOTE SPEAKERS – on blogging, book-writing, and poetry.
- WOMEN in BUSINESS – the event will be of particular benefit to female business owners, managers and key decision makers in businesses trading in Cheshire, Manchester, and Merseyside.
- FUN – we’re serious about networking work but it’s about people after all so it will be friendly, informal and fun.
- CONNECTIONS Service (optional extra) – if you’re trying to connect with a particular contact, ask us about how we can help. We can do the legwork to invite your chosen contact as your guest or ensure you are introduced to particular contacts.
TIMINGS (subject to adjustment):
10.00: Arrival, Registration, Open Networking
10.30: Speaker 1, Lucy Jackman – Blog-writing
11.00: Interval, Poetry by Kate Jenkinson. Tea & Cake provided by Room Forty
11.30: Speaker 2, Sian-Elin Flint-Freel – Book-writing
11.55: Speaker 3, Toni Mackenzie – A journey to self-publishing
12.15: Thanks and open networking
£22.50 or included in annual Colony Women membership (click to enquire).
Colony Connections service – on request. Let us assist you to connect with a particular contact by brokering the contact and extending an invite to them and facilitating the introduction.
The Base, 20 Dallam Lane, Warrington, WA2 7NG.
Parking not immediately onsite. Parking best advised either in Tesco car park (free, 5 min walk) or in pay and display public car park opposite Warrington Central station.
Ladies only please
No sector or geographical restrictions
No limit per company
Click Register to book and pay by card via Eventbrite.Register