October 10, 2019 - 9:30 am
October 10, 2019 - 11:30 am
AddressLymm Business Centre, Lymm Library Annexe, Davies Way, Lymm, Warrington, Cheshire, WA13 0QW View map
Networking + Business Talk
All Colony events are networking events that include both open and structured networking. In addition, our monthly mixed events also include either a talk from a business speaker on a generic business topic, a business panel or a structured business activity.
Our October event will begin with the usual opportunities for both open as well as structured networking.
Networking and Presentation event
Open networking plus a presentation.
Networking is an accepted pre-requisite for many small business owners. Yet many business owners may not have networked before setting up their business, nor been told they may need to network and how to do it effectively. It is rarely taught in business courses and so is learnt on the job, often with time-consuming mistakes and knocks to self-confidence and self-esteem. People may be mixing in the wrong circles at the wrong events and saying the wrong things and then wonder why they’re not making good connections.
Business development strategy is all too often viewed as being about other marketing activities but networking skills form an integral part of today’s communication strategy which can really underpin business success. Our presentation and supporting workshop activities will focus on the Why, When, Where, Who, What and How of your Networking strategy to include the following:
- Definitions – Networking, Business Development, Lead Generation, Relationship Marketing, Retention Marketing, Re-Networking, and Networking v Social Networking.
- Best Practice Essentials – The why, who, what, where, when and how of business networking. What a small business owner needs to do and the potential shortfalls of bad networking in terms of brand and reputation damage.
- Reviewing the position of networking in the wider business development strategy.
- Developing networking tools (elevator pitch, use of the right marketing collateral and branded materials such as business cards or flyers that include the correct contact info and calls to action).
- Summarising the differing format of networking events and sourcing and signposting the right environment and style or behaviour to benefit your growing business.
09.30 – Arrival, Registration and Open Networking
10.00 – Introductions, Announcements & Structured Networking
10.30-11.30 – Presentation, Discussion and Q&A
£12.50 (advance), £15.00 (door), or included in annual Colony Networking membership (click to enquire). Price includes networking, presentation and resources.
Colony Connections service – on request. Let us assist you to connect with a particular contact by brokering the contact and extending an invite to them and facilitating the introduction.
Lymm Business Centre, Lymm Library Annexe, Davies Way, Lymm, Warrington, Cheshire, WA13 0QW
Donations to our 2019 nominated charity, St Rocco’s Hospice, will be much appreciated. These can be made at the point of registration via a link provided, from our website or you can donate in cash at the event.
Pre-booking recommended. Payment on the door accepted subject to space.
Click Register to book and pay by card via Eventbrite.Register